Articles – Index Page
A series of articles, written by the editorial team here at Buildingtrade.org.uk.
- Being IndependentSometimes it seems like the independent builders merchant is an endangered species. This isn’t the whole story. This article explores the strengths and weaknesses of what has traditionally been a strong part of the UK building industry.
- From Problem to ProfitInto every life a little rain must fall. This is even true of us in the construction trade. Sometimes it’s possible to make the best of disaster. Learn how to turn problems, into profit.
- Introduction to Building SearchBuilding Search is a free service provided by Buildingtrade.org.uk. Here we introduce the service – and some of the things it’s useful for.
- Markup or Margin ?An article on calculating prices and profits when doing sales work. This will take you simply through the forest of percentages and numbers when calculating final selling prices, and gross profits.
Federation of Master Builders
Buildingtrade.org.uk is pleased to be able to host a series of articles by the Federation of Master Builders.
The FMB the building industry’s largest trade organisation, representing over 13,000 small and medium-sized companies throughout the UK. If you’d like to know more about the FMB, or would like to find a reputable builder, try the Find a Builder web site.
- Basement ConversionsBuilding firms suggest that basements are becoming increasing popular as an extension option.
- The Green HomeThe average household in the UK wastes an incredible �250 per year by not being energy efficient. This article looks at how to make your house more energy efficient.
- Landscaping the GardenSome ideas for landscaping your garden, including important points that you must take into consideration.
- Conservatory OptionsAnother popular way of extending the living area is to add a conservatory. It needn’t be a painful process, if you follow the advice in this article.
US Construction News
A real time feed, featuring the latest news from the US Building Trade & Construction Industry.